Thursday, October 20, 2016

Tutorial Thursday : Stitched Circle Background



Hi everyone! Stephanie with you today in La-La Land for a very fun tutorial! We've been seeing a lot of backgrounds lately in the cardmaking world, and I thought why not create our own with our favourite dies?! Don't be afraid, there's not simpler than that, I swear ;-)


Here's the list of material that I used :

Washi tape
Foam adhesive
Cardstock

First, cut out a panel of cardstock to the desired measurements and take out your full set of Double stitched circles die. Mine is 5.5"x5.5" and I resized it later on to fit my cardbase. I also chose a kraft cardstock without any patterns because I wanted the stitches of the dies to appear neatly, but you could jazz it up with your latest paperpad!


Then comes the fun part. Place randomly some of your dies and secure them with some washi tape. I love to use this kind of adhesive because it's not too sticky to remove. Here, I started with three circles.


Next step is to run the panel and attached dies through your cutting machine. Once that is done, you can position another set of dies if you want.


Don't you love how the outer stitches border of the die set comes out?!?! I'm in looooove with it! Oh, and you can definitely use the negative part for another cardmaking project :-)


With the finished background, just add some foam adhesive tape and stick it to your cardbase.


Voilà the result! For a more finishing touch, I took a gel white pen and handstitched the interior of the panel. Classy and fun!


Here's the final look with better lighting! Simple, yet elegant :-)


I hope you liked this kind of quick and easy tutorial and that you will try it, too! Have a nice day! Stephanie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment